Friday 9 May 2008

Filming and Editing

Right then.........my filming is complete! (I think!) the majority of my filming is in black and white and colour select, red. I think this is going to work really well as the red will stand out considerably and give a dramatic mood and overtone for the music video. I have just begun to start a fist edit of the video. This rough cut will help be to enable me to make the final version more slick, so that i can experiment with a few different editing techniques or filters, and know which ones work well. I think i am going to put the contrast up so that the two different types of filming look more alike, and thus creating a visual style that is recogniseable for my work. I would like to experiment with time, such as backwards shots and looping sections. I am especially interested into making spilt screen sections and doubling sequences as an interesting narative device. The different scenes with the different characters will all be jumbled up somewhat. So far so good, just hope I have enough time! Eeeeek! :)

No comments: